Garbage in, garbage out, (GIGO), is a familiar acronym in the computer industry. However, the truth in this phrase also applies to our understanding, experience, and design of love.
People’s minds are like computers. They can only do what they know. If you don’t know that you are using a broken love design, then you will keep using it until someone shows you that it’s broken. You will reconfigure it in various orders to try to get a better result. But, no matter how you rearrange your garbage love code, it will still come out broken garbage.
Although you can’t instantly wipe your broken love design clean like the memory in a corrupted computer, you can choose a new code for your broken love design to follow. You can partner with Jesus and let him transform your broken love into his exceptional love design.
4 Love Code Options
Only you can choose to change the code of love you are using. First, let’s look at your four love code options below.
- Trading up: Subconsciously, you select a trait or behavior that you are not willing to live with from a bad relationship. You place it on an invisible list to avoid in your next relationship.
- Settling: You lower your standard of healthy love to the broken love you receive to avoid abandonment, confrontation (including abuse), being alone, or changing your relationship.
- Surviving: You’re barely hanging on to yourself and the hope that one day things will get better. You do everything you can to make your spouse happy, to avoid creating any tension, and to keep your abusive husband calm. You live in fear.
- Christ’s Exceptional Love: You are actively pursuing a personal and progressive relationship with Jesus every day. You’re learning and living in his heart, character, and power to improve yourself mentally, physically, and spiritually. As Christ dwells in you, the fruits of your spirit overflow and transform your broken love. Your love code becomes Christ’s exceptional love design.
The only love code option that will keep you healthy, growing, and living in exceptional love is Christ’s love code. Without living with him and letting him be your guide, you will be tempted to allow concepts, words, and experiences to pollute your design of love.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
6 Seek his will in all you do,
and he will show you which path to take. Proverbs 3:5-6 NLT
Because God designed you with the will to choose, it’s up to you to decide if you want to live in Christ’s pure design of love or to keep living in your broken love design code. If you want to live in Christ’s exceptional love, you will need to change what you know.
Changing What You Know—Changes Everything
C – A – T. I remember helping my son learn the alphabet and begin to put these letters together to form the word cat. I saw his excitement as his mind grasped the concept and power to create. As God is our Creator, and we are made in his likeness, we are drawn to see individual aspects and use them to create something new.
When my son gained new knowledge and he used it to grow, he changed what he knew. This knowledge empowered him to create more words to describe his world and to express himself. Although the process of learning can be frustrating and sometimes disappointing, when you persevere everything changes.
To live in Christ’s exceptional love design, you will need to learn his exceptional love code with him and follow it. Until you identify and eliminate the codes of garbage that have contaminated your love design, you will continue to use your broken design of love.
Transform Your Love Code into Christ’s and Change Your Life
- Ready to grow your love into Christ’s exceptional love?
- Ready to quit trading up, settling, and surviving in your relationships?
- Ready to live in Christ’s abundance as he dwells in you?”
Start by breaking through the roadblocks that have held you down in a FREE 45-minute discovery session. Contact me NOW! Darla@DarlaColinet.com.